Stay Safe in Holiday Driving
By anderson-law2, Nov 30 2015 07:00PM
With the holiday season right around the corner, many people will be traveling, putting more cars on the road. Based on our over 30 years of experience helping families and individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents, we have a few helpful tips to keep in mind before you begin your holiday travels to ensure a safe, enjoyable holiday season.
- Always buckle up! Always make sure that everyone in your vehicle is wearing a seatbelt. Make sure children are properly restrained in a child safety seat. This is your best defense in the event of a crash;
- Weather and traffic conditions are extra concerns this time of year. Drive according to conditions, even if that is below the posted speed limit. Make sure to always maintain a safe distance with plenty of room between your vehicle and vehicles in front of you;
- Plan ahead for extra traffic and bad weather. Leave early and give yourself plenty of time to get to your final destination, rushing between Point A and Point B can lead to aggressive driving, speeding, and tickets;
- Remember to always drive sober. If attending a holiday party, plan ahead and designate a sober driver before drinking and give them your keys. If you or a friend become impaired, always call a taxi, a sober friend or family member to pick you up and get you home safely;
-Focus on driving only. Put all distractions such as your phone, iPod, or food away until you reach your destination. Instead, try creating a good playlist or download an audiobook for long trips. If you are using GPS with passengers in the car, let your passenger navigate for you.
- And finally, if you are traveling somewhere cold, make sure to pack blankets and warm clothing to keep warm in the event of an emergency.
When traveling during the holiday season this year, in addition to the above, always remember to drive carefully to get to your final destination safe and sound.
Since 1981, Anderson Law Center has aided families, businesses and individuals. We serve clients throughout Idaho and Eastern Oregon with all types of legal matters. When you hire our legal team, your needs become our priorities.
About Anderson Law Center: